Gentleness
--> This morning I drove toward the sun like a moth flies toward the lamp. I was reminded how gently the sun comes out everyday, so slow and patient. I lifted my hands up as I sang a song that has been my theme song lately, Brokenness Aside by All Sons and Daughters (if you haven't heard it, just Youtube it real quick). My word for the week is Gentle. I’ve challenged the young ladies in our Friday lunch book club to choose 1 word every week. 1 word in which we independently attempt to become more of every day. 1 word that might be challenging to put on every morning, but might add a sparkle to our wardrobe. They choose such hard words every week – Vulnerable, Inviting, Engage. The experiences they share when we meet every Friday are so fun. I’ve been so inspired by them. As the weeks begin their own dwindling spiral to a cliff’s edge, I have begun dwindling toward the edge of insanity. My mind cannot stop, I wake up at night recalculating the 1 million and 2 thing...

"love solitude and hate crowds, love adventure and hate commitments, love understanding and hate assumptions...." that was the best I've heard someone put it. you better go for a run in those pants. run it out tina! i love you friend! hope the weekend was wonderful. you got a good thing going TinaR! Love Em
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to think this whole "pants" thing is just a metaphor for something else.
ReplyDeleteTeens. Let's go to coffee and talk about these things sometime...
ReplyDelete