Traffic

Through the glare of the windshield I wince at the red lights that bring me to a halt. I turn down the music that hums my favorite playlist titled "Girls" because the braking in front of me consumes my attention. Not only are the cars parked one second, then lunging forward the next, but my bladder has been pulsing since before I began the journey causing my focus to multi-task on internal and external factors, too many distractions for my one-track mind. As I watch the exits pass slowly, I consider the possibility that the distractions around me would cause me to lose focus on my final exit. It's happened before, when I've missed my exit, and it's added hours to previous trips. But somehow everything always works out. I make it to my destination sometimes later than sooner, but like they say, "Better late than never." I'd like to think that I won't lose my focus this time, that I'll take the right exit, that eventually I'll slow down on the ramp and turn up my "Girls" playlist and roll down the windows to feel the cool breeze. It happens.

Comments

  1. I love this Tina I have been in similar situations far too often down here! Also I want to hear this "girls" playlist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans