MA 101

Here's my MA 101 file coming up. Soon this morning I'm heading off for a meeting with an administrator at one of the pubic high school's in Riverside, CA. It's about a 30 minute drive in the morning through traffic, but quite frankly I enjoy the solitude I've found there. I'm taking a course about administration in the K-12 levels. I've learned a lot. There are two things I keep reflecting upon, which the professor and fellow classmates have so graciously unveiled my eyes to see. One: I need more years of teaching experience to fully grasp and understand the nitty-gritty of the school system. Two: anything and everything decided upon by administration must be aligned with the students higher learning. Class keeps me driving, holds my attention, and I'm excited for what will result from this new database of knowledge. 

Apart from class and school, I am currently living with two of girl friends from high school. We met at my junior year and have grown closer every year since. Upon an introduction to Sasha I recognized her face from my home state of Colorado, and as we combined our brain powers we remembered our days of braids and ponies as cabin mates at summer camp. We've even got a photo for proof. Kara is like a sister to me and is Sasha's cousin. 6 years ago she joined me on a life-changing adventure to trek through India. Although we had just under a year of shared life, I consider her the closest thing to a sister, she knows my good side, my bad side, my past, and my dreams. We went through a lot together in India and to have someone who understands is healing. She's irreplaceable. 

I wake up every morning and nearly pinch myself to make sure what is happening is real. In the midst of attending class, unpacking, and catching up with old friends, I'm making careful plans for the future. Sometimes I wish I could live with my hands up and go where the wind blows, letting someone else direct my stage life. Sometimes I think that's what it looks like to outsiders, but it's all strategically planned. It's as planned as I can be, which isn't too thorough. God has laid it on my heart to teach, when you know you know, and I know that one thing. He has also given me the tools and skills to begin a project overseas and when you know … you know. 


The project I'm working with is RAWimpact. A non-profit from Australia who is involved with community building in Cambodia. I met the founders Troy and Nic at The One Project in February. Their friendship was immediate and I have been so blessed by them and the work that they do. To give you more insight into the exciting things that are going on over there I've posted a short video here. I will post more information in another post soon. 

Comments

  1. Come hang out with me at my school and you can learn the inner workings of a school. I will even let you sit in the principal chair. . . except it's broken so you'll have to be careful to not fall out.
    Throw you hands up and feel the wind of the Spirit moving you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you