Word Bomb

There are so many words that I wish I could grab as they swarm inside my head,
I'd grab them and string them together in a long line that means something.

Time and Change, but not a time change.
On second thought, maybe so: time change.
Peace and Waste, but not wasted peace.
But maybe peaceful waste.
Angry and Gracious. Strong and Broken. 
Still and Fight. Trust and too Damn Naive. 
Failure and Contented. Afraid and Excited. 
Traitor and Faithful. Independent and Attached. 
Equal and Jealous. Concerned and Allowing.
Bravery and Coward. Timeless and Free. 

As if twenty-five were numbers on a timed bomb I have feared.  Yet, for the first time in nearly a year my heart knows only to trust the unseen. The cracks are there and water will always slip through them. There are thirsty leaves whose roots need only but a drop. And so I will move wherever there is thirst because I have cracks. And inside there is enough to share and it keeps filling. So I will not be afraid. Nor discouraged. There is a thirst too great to be ignored. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans