The rosemary and the orchid

The rosemary bushel potted on the table needs attention. The orchid in the window sill would probably appreciate some too. The other plants gave up a long time ago. They couldn't pace themselves with me and I couldn't make them a part of my routine.

But when I have remembered these delicate things, only because the limpness in their stems, they receive an unbearable amount of attention and cups and cups of water. I'm afraid that these inconsistent doses aren't exactly healthy for growth. Poor things. I see the lack of structure and need for consistency for these poor plants but I don't know where to get it now.


I had a dream the other night, it was after a long day of stressful thoughts about the many directions for my future, which causes extreme joy linked with opportunity, but extreme sorrow and fear. In my dream I had been in charge of a big event, it was stressful as many big events are. I had planned a camping trip for the high school where I teach. Things weren't happening as had been planned, but I was rather hopeful and on a mission to solve the issues at hand. I walked into a room and inside there stood a very good friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in quite some time. She understood everything only by what shown on my face. She met me in the middle of the room and when finally in her arms the stress, anger, hope, worry, and fear poured out through my eyes. Her presence was so grounding, so consistent and so stable.

Many times I've thought I knew how to analyze and pick apart my dreams. I think it might be time to accept the truth. I am not capable of interpreting my dreams, nor giving the proper care to these poor plants. It might be time to make some new plant owners happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you