Mom's

As this is the day to celebrate mother's I think of my own incredible mother, by whom my entire being praises for her lifelong commitment to her three children. I think of Skip's mother. Emily's mother. Nick's mother. Katie's mother. All the mothers who have fought the evils of this world to raise beautiful children. Mothers who have voluntarily taken me in as their own. I think of a dear friend of mine, a mother of two sweet children. I think of another friend who has agreed to, in a few short months, single-handedly take on the role of a mother. I also remember another woman who has lovingly given her own for another woman unable to conceive. And another who adopted from the deserts of Ethiopia. There is another who has so desperately wanted to love as only a mother can, only to be crushed after a heartbreaking miscarriage. Yet, I am also reminded of the young woman who refused her motherhood and shut the door through abortion. And I think of friends who are anxious to become mothers, but faithfully continue to wait upon the Lord's timing. There are women today who are celebrating their very first Mother's Day, and others who will celebrate their 60th. Each of these women continues to play such a crucial role in God's plan of salvation.

I've been led through my morning devotions to search out the purpose and role of women designed by God. As I've studied Paul's letters to the church of Ephesus there is much I still have to learn, but I am learning that a mother's role is irreplaceable, thus women as a whole are irreplaceable. Mothers, daughters, grandmothers, and sisters we need them all. May God bless those women and may they, in turn, seek Him as their stronghold to live the life that He has called them each into.

Comments

  1. what an honor to be a woman huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to all the women who each day go through their "mourning devotions" because they are a mother. The pain of childbirth is till you die. God bless them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Holy Plans

Gentleness