A Mom's Blog and A Students Letter

As an Elementary Education graduating senior I think a lot about why I've been called to education. Is there someTHING I'm suppose to teach? SomeONE I'm suppose to teach? SomeWHERE I'm suppose to teach?

I get the question, "Would you prefer private or public?" Right now, I feel very strongly about talking to my students about Jesus. I love Him. I want my students to know Him. This blog, in particular, tugged at my heart strings today. Please read it if you have a chance: In Which I Pray That My Children Will Change The World

Today, I had a student write me a letter. He's often times had a difficult time communicating in words, so when I see him struggling I've asked him to write out what he's thinking or feeling, that way I can read it and do my best to understand what he needs. Today his letter went like this:

Dear Cristina.

Why do you hate me? 
Yea I don't like you. 
Youre suppose to be nice to your students.

Sincerely,
A.

I'm not sure how to teach a student who doesn't feel accepted or valued by me. I really like A., I really do, and it hurts me that he feels rejected and disliked. My gut tells me I must be doing something wrong. I don't have the wisdom right now to know what to do. So I'll pray. Thank goodness we have a whole weekend to work through it, He and I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

ArgenTINA Here She Comes

Gentleness