It will be

1 year. 1 whole year. I like to do re-caps every few months, maybe so that the end of the year doesn't bust out of the tunnel like a getaway train. And every time I attend to those recent events I find it hard to believe I am where I am. How did this winding, curving, never ending, motion sickening, pot-holed, yet ever so scenic and peaceful road ever lead me to this lovely place?

As I prepared to welcome the new year with friends and family I spent several minutes trying to rewind to the exact moment just one year before. It wasn't long before I had rewound to a crushed-spirited girl, laying in a bed with an ice machine wrapped around her right leg, her mind lost in the darkness from the heavy painkillers, and an alarm set for 11:55. Deeply concerned, I wondered how she ever found her way out of that shaded grove. 

How far she's come. What strength has been displayed. In fact, I'd hardly believe her to be a girl anymore. As she's relearned to walk, to talk, to pray, and to play, the value of work, and the immeasurable worth of a friend, the grace of truth, and the understanding of simpleness, a learned determination, a tuned ear for learning, and new lenses for assessing. What a year it's been. What a year it will be as she blazes a trail to a Kingdom of light. 

Comments

  1. What every artist must learn is that even the failed pieces are essential" -Good 'ol Robby Bell

    I feel like you GET that and that you value your past as much as the lovely place you've found yourself in now. :) I like it. Thanks for coming to visit me this break :)

    Love EMily

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must've been an intense journey. I'm glad you made it out of that shady grove.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you