The View

The other day during lunch with Lindsay, Nate and Coto we were recounting unexpected events from over the years. We all shared our reflections and I mentioned to the group that this may be be the first thing I ask God about when I get to heaven, these unexpected, path bending occurrences. There were a few chuckles and Nate kindly intervened, "I don't think that's something we'll even think about." And after thinking about it more, he may have something there. In all His majestic wonder I doubt I will want to know why this one thing happened, this one time. But eventually? Or maybe we won't need to know, the enchantment will be so real.

With few hours left before departing this part of Argentina that has been a home for almost 3 months it's hard not to wonder why I came here, or why now.  A year ago I was finishing finals, saying goodbye to friends, co-workers, and employees and packing my things for Argentina only to be set back. This experience, 9 months delayed, has been a long time anticipated, like a search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, so far into the distance. And now, like the blink of an eye, it's only hours from becoming a bright blur in the rear-view mirror.









In a lot of ways I think Twain was right:

Distance lends enchantment to the view. - M. Twain

Comments

  1. Agreed. I wonder if we'll ever get used to heaven, like after the first eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And now, like the blink of an eye, it's only hours from becoming a bright blur in the rear-view mirror." Mmmmmyes. And it's such a pretty picture! Can't wait to see you, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. Good thoughts... always from you.
    I miss you sister, and I know that you coming home means I'm that much closer to coming home and seeing you too! So thankful you finally got to go on this adventure to Argentina. Can't wait to really hear about all that you have learned there... and also practice our Spanish together. Love you,miss you, and think of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans