Lost in translation

Today was the first day of classes. I had two, two hour classes - Gramática Avanzada y Folklore - oh, the ever-lasting headache. Allow me to sum it up for you and save us both the pain of translating the 50% that I couldn't translate in class. I like this place, but why would anyone choose a Spanish minor when they do not speak Spanish? And now, I'm unable to speak English or Spanish with eloquence, or ignore the pounding in my head, and I don't want to sit still any longer. Was it worth it all? To wait all those months for these classes, this quarter, this minor, when I could already have a degree and be riding off into the dusk toward success? My parents are reading this and nodding their heads, Yes. Why? But I don't think this is a lesson to learn. Sure I'm learning. But don't waste your time trying to translate this mix-up. Maybe it's fate. Definitely planned. Not my plan, but thee plan. So we'll let it go and finish off the ibuprofen.

Before translation. In our room waiting for class with my compañera.

Comments

  1. So we'll let it go and finish off the ibprofin !!! How many times have I said that in the last month? Too many to count. How about I send you some Bach Rescue Remedy instead? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans