From the book of faith

It's like a tree blowing in the wind. Some days I miss the comfort of home. Doing my laundry when I want to, with the detergent I like. Making my own meals, eating what I want, when I want. Running in my own country side. Wearing the clothes I left behind. Driving myself wherever I want, whenever I want. Being alone when I want and being with people when I want. Saying what I want, when I want. Watching the trees change as the days shorten. And climbing into my own bed at night. Somedays, though, I forget that I have a home somewhere else. The wind is always changing.

They say there's no place like home, and home is where the heart is.

But today as I studied Hebrews, the book of faith, I was reminded where home is, where my heart is.

Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sarah ...These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims in this world. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them ... Not one of these people, even though their lives of faith were exemplary, got their hands on what was promised. God had a better plan for us: that their faith and our faith would come together to make one completed whole, their lives of faith not complete apart from ours. 

Today the wind is blowing, it's still cloudy and raining, but neither do I feel at home, nor missing it. 

But, a lot of my heart is still here, in this slice of heaven, and I don't believe it's a bad thing.
Little Princi must not be that little anymore, sweet, sweet girl.


Comments

  1. Tina! My bible study group is studying Hebrews so this was awesome to read. Keep on keeping on and know that you are loved and missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking by faith is a tall order. These guys, Abraham, Noah, etc had a strength few men know. I long to feel that. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved seeing that picture! Those sweet kids. I will be seeing them in December! I will say hi from you! I will send you some pics and you will see how big Princi is! Jaya and Prashanti are graduating from high school!! WOW.
    Keep having a BLAST! Saying prayers for you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans