I'm crazy ...



Last night I opted out of the mass crowd we call staff afterglow that happens every night after campfire. Instead, I stayed slumped in my seat in the back and listened to the words of “Amazing Grace.” After a few minutes little five-year-old Seleah, from one of my swimming classes, was walking towards me with her mother. I could hear her loud whispers, “Mom, I cant ask her, you ask her.” “What if we ask her together?” They were standing in front of me now, “Miss Tina, I want to ask you something.” Then she looked up at her mom and in unison they started, “1, 2, 3 … How much …” And Seleah whispered again, “I cant momma. You ask.” Pastor Annie, Seleahs mom, turned to me, “Seleah wants to know how much do you love Jesus?” So shocked by this question from a five-year-old and where it might have stemmed, I answered with my hands reached out wide above my head, “SOOO, SOOO MUCH!! How much are you crazy about Jesus, Seleah?” I was curious now. “So much, that I can't even tell you.” And with that we talked about what we would do for our swim show on Friday, when we'd have practice, then off to bed she went.

But I couldn't stop thinking about that question. "How much are you crazy about Jesus?" A good reality check, a loaded question with lots of opportunity. Maybe just another reason I love camp, despite how exhausting it is, cause its always full of surprises.





Love these girls. Always full of surprises.


Comments

  1. PRESH. I miss you Tina. So, so looking forward to having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to ask somebody this tomorrow. Man, I'm going to lose some sleep thinking about this. Thanks Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans