Seagulls


This week we cleaned the blob. It’s a long tube that serves as a catapult for the person sitting on the end when another person jumps on to the opposite end from the blob tower. Kids love it. Adults love it. Seagulls love it, too. It’s also served as a popular spot for seagulls to congregate in the early mornings, evenings, and weekends. During the week kids jump from the tower onto the blob covered in bird droppings, feathers, and fish bones. The smell is one-of-a-kind. Nobody likes to lifeguard for the blob, unless their a first time lifeguard, and after an hour they never want to guard it again. 

Cleaning the blob reminded me of how I've done my job at camp this summer. Cleaning off the seagull poop because I have to, because I hate those seagulls and their smell. But it was actually kind of fun, I really hate admitting that I might have enjoyed it, but it was so different from the norm that it was the salt to my day. There's a verse I read this morning - 

Consider it a sheer gift, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
 James 1:4

Bring it on seagulls, I'm ready to clean your mess. In fact, I liked it. What now?

Comments

  1. I love reading all about your Camp MV adventures, especially this one about cleaning the blob!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans