Camp Week 1

Camp is too much like I know it, but not at all what it's been. I know the meetings, early mornings, cold nights, three large meals a day plus desserts that stress me to run further, lift more, ride longer, and I know the songs, the dramas, and the uniforms. I had not expected to be in a wet suit everyday, carrying skate park equipment, launching a sailboat without any kind of vehicle, setting anchors, backing up trailers, 20 minutes-a-day internet regulation, not knowing what to say to new people or feeling lonely in such a large mass. My best friends are scattered all over the west coast, I don't like walking into worship and not knowing where to sit. But it feels good to not care what anyone thinks since I don't do my hair, or makeup, or put outfits together. After 8 summers in almost every area of camp, I have nothing left to prove and it feels good. But I miss my friends, I miss the challenging conversations, but I'm enjoying spending a lot more time listening to God and having more challenging conversations with Him, those are the conversations that are so challenging and growing. Friday night during our dedication worship for camp pastor Shane and his wife Lisa were sharing about their marriage. He said that the only way their marriage has survived and can have confidence it will is because when they have their disagreements they know they can give the other spouse over to God for an hour or two and He'll work out the wrinkles and change their heart through grace. What about someone who doesn't want to spend the hour with God to figure things out, find grace? How do those people work things out? Hmm. Something I'm pondering.


Comments

  1. Tina, I really miss you. And I resonate with these thoughts so much, about how giving over something to God is important. What it looks like. What it really means. I could use a good long conversation with you. And it's going to happen soon. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans