Quit-something-Thursday

A couple of weeks ago I had Positive Life Radio playing in my car for the two minute drive from my small studio house to WWU's School of Education. They were interviewing, guest, Bob Goff who recently released his book, Love Does. When I tuned into the interview Bob was talking about this thing he does called, "quit-something-Thursday." He quits something every Thursday to simplify his life, clear out junk to do make room for the meaningful things. He was on the board of some non-profit organization and called them up one Thursday to tell them he quit because it was quit-something-Thursday. "If you're in a bad relationship call the person and tell them you're done, 'It's quit-something-Thursday and I quit you.'" The first thing I wanted to quit was school, it's stressful, time consuming, busy, never-ending, not where I want to be right now, but also not something I can quit right now. So instead I quit speeding that Thursday in hopes to remind myself that life is a journey and it's okay to go the speed limit and even be late every once in a while. The next Thursday I quit saying, "I'm tired" because it had become habit to respond to "How are you?" with "I'm so tired. ... but I'm good." Which, I've found only made me more tired. This Thursday, as I sit at my computer it's 10:45 and I want a snack, but today for quit-something-Thursday I quit eating after 7:00 pm, which is pretty late anyways.

How I feel right now.

Today, I'm done with all my finals but one, forever in my life at WWU. Last quarter of classes here. Yes! Yes! Yes! I passed my state exam. I can teach in Washington state! YES! YES! YES! Going rock climbing Saturday. Yes! Hanging out with my boyfriend Sunday, who just got me a new backpack! Yes! I'm leaving for MiVoden in a couple of days to be with lots of old friends and make new ones. What?!? Put your hands up!

Where I want to be right now.


Comments

  1. Yeowsa! Loving all this quitting. I've got so much crap I could quiT!!! Thanks. you are a great quitter Tina, and I mean that in only this one, good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good Teens! All of it. All of it is real, real good. Maybe I'll see you next weekend?? Maybe. I'm not sure if I'm coming to Walla Walla yet, but if I do I'm cheering loud when your name comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly it's been too long since I've read blogs, because I just learned a lot of things that a friend should already know. But it sounds like life it awesome, so keep it up. The awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this KV. I've been looking for something new, and quitting something every Thursday sounds like a great new thing! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you