Just the facts...

So here's the news. Not good. Not bad. Just straight up facts. (Facts from a girl on oxycodone and emotionally ... well, slightly unstable and a little heartbroken.)

Argentina is in the rear view mirror now - this means no traveling for a long while, the thing I love most.
No walking for 6 weeks - who knows when I'll run again, the thing I love most after traveling.
Several months of physical therapy for a stapled MCL, replaced ACL, a sewn meniscus and fractured femur. (I've always had weak bones, so it doesn't surprise me.)
45 minute surgery turned into a 2 hour surgery, not as scary as I thought.
Trampolines are dangerous and I will never jump on one again.
I'll be back at WWU this quarter, possibly in a wheelchair? Not sure what classes I can take yet.
My friends are the best. They've called, visited, emailed, and prayed.
Most of all, I've got the best Father, who tells me:

"Come to me, I know you're weak and have found life burdensome.  I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon your shoulders and learn from me. For I am gentle and humble of heart. Your soul will find rest for my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:29-30

Comments

  1. I'm inspired. Wish you were with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina! So sorry to hear about this! I know how much you were looking forward to it! Call us if you need anything! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Kristina! Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are ultrabrave and ultrastrong and ultracourageous and ultraLOVELY. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I'm so sorry that you hurt you knee. Hurt knees suck!

    Get well soon,

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina! I am so sorry to hear about your injuries! Praying for you! You're a fighter, I know you will bounce back in no time!!

    Laura P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. Giving up Argentina, especially after so much planning and effort!!! Well, all of the people in WW will be blessed to have you here!!
    I am praying....for courage and strength.
    You ARE a very strong woman. That is for SURE!
    ILY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teens! You are rock solid, you know that? I'm so proud of you. I wish I was gonna be in Walla Walla to help wheel you around and bring you water when you're thirsty. I'm sorry life has to be so crappy sometimes. Take heart these next weeks and remember you are very, very loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ARE a very strong woman. That is for SURE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gentleness

Thank you