Soft Animals


You do not have to be good. 
                                                                       You do not have to walk on your knees 
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. 
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves. 

- M. Oliver


I remember talking to one of my best friends about this particular quote last year, about this time, spring quarter. We had similar, yet quite different, methods of worshiping. And this was the quote my friend used when she explained her loved opinion of worshipping. And as I grow older, I continue to have more experiences that reinforce this rich quote and make me to love it all the more. Simply: Let your body love what it loves. Today I reminded myself of this many, many times. Too many times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans