Rainy Portland

I was on the phone with my mom this morning while driving around rainy Portland. She answered the phone with a scratchy voice that sounded like mine and she told me she had finished some FAFSA stuff, was working on registering my brother for his Junior year of high school, and had been in touch with insurance companies, the hospital, and Sky High (the trampoline place). When she told me she had called Sky High to get a copy of the waiver they made me sign 40 minutes before that place ruined my life I was so mad. Mad like when the blood rushes to your head and hot tears steam out your eyeballs. Mom, I said, let me call 'em. I'll give 'em a piece a my mind. And it's been 3 months since my accident, I'm still raving. I think it's about time to move on. But I should know better, that broken hearts don't heal themselves. And mine broke into a bagillion pieces that day. I hate being all mushy gushy, but honesty is powerful, and so this is straight up.

On a lighter note we were in Portland for my friend Alexia's figure competition. She rocked the stage and got third place in her bracket. So, SO proud of her!!! It was a weekend with little sleep, lots of driving, new experiences, and too much laughing.





Comments

  1. "I'm still raving. I think it's about time to move on. But I should know better, that broken hearts don't heal themselves. And mine broke into a bagillion pieces that day. I hate being all mushy gushy, but honesty is powerful, and so this is straight up."
    I hear ya, sis. But the lows make the highs worth it allllll.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you