Make it Count

You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough. - Mae West

This morning is beautiful. I'm not wearing a jacket to class, the sun is peaking through the clouds, trees are budding, the fields are turning green, flowers are being planted all over campus, people are running, biking, and walking (which I can do now too!) AND I'm leaving in two days for the UCC Teen Pathfinder rock climbing trip. Mmm.

Last fall I joined the Pathfinders for their mountain biking event. I was in a pretty low valley at that point in life and I begged my friend Emily to join me. I was surprised when she agreed, but not really too surprised because it was such a last minute decision and those are the best times to make decisions - last minute - those times really count. It was most likely the funnest trip I've been on all year (plus it was so HC). And so I'm super pumped for this next trip. I like mountain biking, but I love rock climbing! Whoo!

More news - I'm going back to camp this summer. You might be wondering about Argentina. How am I going to graduate? Well, I've thought about it a lot. Almost every minute of my past week has been spent trying to figure out what to do. But, I've always had this natural instinct to sprint, like a fight or flight move, I always fly. So, this time I'm taking it easy, I may be 24 when I finish my B.S. in Education, but really where do I have to be in a year from now? I'll tell you where - absolutely no where. So, I'm doing what I love - rock climbing and summer camp, then traveling, studying Spanish, and eventually graduating - not sprinting, but soaking it up and making every second count.

I saw this YouTube video yesterday called Make It Count. This guy and his buddy were asked by Nike to make a movie about "making it count." Nike gave them some money and they spent it traveling around the world - their funds lasted 10 days. But to make it count like that? Wow. I don't think they slept in those 10 days. Sign me up, huh? They went to Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and probably more. Check it out:



In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abe Lincoln 

Comments

  1. This was good Tina. I really liked this blog. Oddly, even though I am not in college, it is apropos to my current situation. Have fun this year! (PS College took me 6 years...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. his tattoo! bold.
    girl- you don't always have to know where you're going, just keep moving! keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Holy Plans

Gentleness