Still HardCore

Since my year in India I've 
found it much easier to 
acclimate in crazy situations. 
Exceeding the speed limit in a wheel chair - HC.
No bed? The floor is great. 
No shower? We can find water. 
No heat? We've got socks and mittens. 
No car? I've got two legs. 
No food? We've got a tummy choir though. 
So the regular throbbing in my upper body, is just another adjustment to the crutches (or ditches - my 3 year old cousin calls them). My trampoline story is a little worn out and ready to retire to the shelf with the crutches. Simply said: I was jumping on a trampoline and landed funny on my right leg and tore my ACL, MCL, meniscus, and fractured the femur, which is postponing my anticipated trip to Argentina and keeps me from walking or driving for 6 weeks after surgery. It's not as bad as it sounds. I can do almost everything I could do before. But as independent as I am, maybe it's worse than it sounds, actually. I don't like getting all the "feel bad for you" sympathy and it's hard to ask for help when I need it, because I don't know how. I tell people that there's a reason and I'm anxious to know why, since I no longer can do the things I love, or am good at, or what I might have perceived as my God-given talents. Really, maybe the things I'm good at are: running, sports, climbing, traveling, meeting new people, teaching, or just being busy, things I can't do right now. But I also wonder, when we're striving for a deeper relationship with God, a deeper love of Him, which exudes a deeper self-knowledge and love of ourselves we have to search for those things within us that God sees and loves that maybe aren't as visible to us. Maybe this is my practicum time for those "hidden talents" or some spiritual gift I don't know that I have yet. Every time I ask God to do His will or devote myself to Him 100%, something crazy always happens. He makes me HC. So here I am, 
No knee? So HC. 

Chels, and Jess taking me for a walk. 

Comments

  1. No sympathy here. You are so HC!!!! (Ok so actually there is a ton of sympathy, but I'm trying to be strong for you. :)Love you so much, keep these posts comin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I was like, HC? Holy cow? Clearly I had forgotten your previous post. Tine, you are the woman. Seriously. THE woman. I want to visit you in Walla Walla soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when I say "Tine" I obviously mean Teener Beener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right. My sister is the most HC person I know! So positive! Even when the goin' gets tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written post. What this knee things means is that you are growing and learning big time!!
    (maybe you'll get in WW with the knee what you were going for in Argentina?1)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans