Parting

There's something about partings. 
Time never bears justice.
Stupid time, why can't you fight on our behalf?
Can't you promise a steadfast future? 
Couldn't you fast forward through the heart break? 
Instead, your partings are like watching bread rise - 
slow and lonely.
You're two-faced, time
One side you're a road trip from Seattle to New York
The other a roller coaster at an amusement park.
Find you're center of balance, won't you?
Somewhere between the 12 and 6
or yesterday and next year.
Who do you employ anyway? 
Not me.
I'm through with your games.
You can't fire me, I quit this time. 
This time, parting is on my terms. 
Not yours.
How does it feel? 
You left us with nothing but wrinkles and creases - 
some laughing, but mostly crying.
Stability.
Can't you do that? 
Not here or there, but somewhere in the middle.
Not parting or leaving, but coming together and meeting.




Comments

  1. I can't wait to catch up with you! I've really been missing you. Time has been on my mind a lot lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. I fight with time every day. Why won't it find a balance point. And i loved how you said...This time it is on my terms! Ha, i am in control of time. I like it!
    Already missing you. But oh the incredible time you will have.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

ArgenTINA Here She Comes