20 Something

Yesterday in 5th grade English we made Acrostics using our full names. Acrostics are when you write your name vertically and stem off of each letter with a word or phrase. They were told to write three words that describe them for each letter. One girl was in disbelief when she counted 5 E's in her name. I laughed in my head a little bit, what a bummer! The home room teacher, Crystal (not much older than myself) was writing her name on the board as an example. She got to the "Y" in her name and got stuck on her third word. Kyler raised his hand and said, "I know Mrs. O, you can put Young! Oh, wait ... no, you can't! Shoot!" 

Bah, Kyler got me thinking. 23, 26, 28 ... ah, the years come faster than I'd like. I remember writing a blog a year ago, "30 is the new 20." But I'm not so sure about that anymore. The older I get the more I regret handing out my youthful prime years like candy on Halloween. I know I've done a lot for as old as I am (er, no, for as young as I am), and I've recently signed myself up to do more, but the time is flying and before I know I'll be turning in my 5 something years of college for a diploma. So boring! 


Comments

  1. I know! It goes by so fast! It JUST hit me that I'm 25 now. I used to think 25 was so old. So, so, so old. We've got work to do Rhuman!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you