A Story of Luck and Unluck

I woke up early yesterday morning in the "eagle's nest." When I opened my eyes, I blinked a few times to make sure it was all real. I was looking over the trees at the majestic, purple mountains, set on top a lake of glass, all painted on a pale bluish, pinkish, purplish canvas. GLORIOUS. I rolled over quietly to not disturb, but noticed only one other sleeper in the nest, so I hopped up to find the other one. Shivering on the deck when I came down, she came in and we sat on the couch in front of the huge window. How lucky are we? Pretty dang lucky... Best place in the world, with warm weather, good friends, active bodies, food to satisfy. Dang! Lucky. Lucky. Lucky. Lucky, because there's nothing we have done to deserve such a thing. Lucky, because so few people in this world will ever experience this moment. "My grandma would correct me," she told me. "It's a blessing, not luckiness." I want to believe it was a blessed moment. It sounds more poetic, or something. But I'm finding it hard to differentiate the two right now. Maybe it's because I've just experienced some unluckiness... My car was burglarized last night, which would be the opposite of yesterday morning. Unlucky. When I left me car in the church parking lot, I left every thing I owned tucked away inside. Now it's cleaned out and straight up - empty, with a broken window to boot! Now, that's what I call unlucky. I believe that luck can change with a blink of an eye, but once blessed always blessed, I thought. Maybe losing everything I had is like a 'blessing in disguise'.

Comments

  1. "Here, steal all my stuff! It's what I want!" :) Clean slate tina. Very clean, in that little way, I'm very excited for you....the other part of me is sending you all my best bits of comfort and courage. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina. Break into my car and steal all of my things. Then next week we will go shopping eeevery day! I'm excited for all the newness coming your way... new things, new roommate, new school year! I'm lucky to be apart of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans