REAL

"The place where God calls you is the place where your deepest gladness meets the world's deepest hunger." - Frederick Buechner


Last summer I was struggling to put together a plan for life, more like a quick outline, to finish college with some sort of degree. I prayed, reflected, journaled, and prayed more. Finally, one week, at Priest lake (with some of my closest girlfriends on our annual summer trip) I really sought out God in solitude on the shores of the beach. Priest lake is the most beautiful place I know, especially at sunrise and sunset. One night I had a dream that revealed the mystery of my future. I knew God was calling me to teach after I woke up. Sounds CRAZY, I know, because it was crazy! But looking back now, I know it was real!

I love my job as a teacher's aid, working with kids as a tutor, reading my books about effective education, loving it all! I'm excited that school is starting, I'm ready to read my books, do my projects, teach classes, sit in on parent teacher conferences. But secretly ... there's this huge part of me that's starving for more. A change, something drastic, HUGE. I've heard people say that when a girl cuts her hair it's because she needs a fresh start, something new. But this craving I have, is more than that. No haircut is gonna satisfy this. No new dress will either. I'm leaving winter quarter to finish my Spanish minor. I'm excited, but I'd rather see the money spent on a ticket back to India for the rest of the year. My heart can be real there, and that's what it needs right now. To dance, sing, travel, laugh, teach, learn, cry, search, heal, and just be. Be with the people that love me when I'm real. Oh, it would be good for me. REAL good!






Comments

  1. Hey. Don't forget about these people here (ok, well a few hours away) that love you. Dah! I appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you