BIG STEPS

I've started working at the City Church as one of the youth group leaders for the IMPACT youth group. I was nervous about the position at first. I'm always questioning my ability to be a spiritual leader, I'm such a doubter and questioner at times, no sturdy foundation here for youth to depend on. But, God leads in crazy, crazy ways and I've loved getting to know the kids that come to our events. Tim and Jasmine are a couple that come to almost every event. It's amazing how quickly and easily we've bonded. Tonight, I was late to youth group due to my 6 pm class, just in time for worship. Austin had just opened with a few songs and they were reading about the fruits of the spirit. Tim seemed tuned in tonight. "How do you know when you have the spirit?" What a question. I was asking the same question just a month ago. In times of deep loneliness, it's those times when I question. But after questioning I feel much more set in my foundation. I'm glad Tim, who comes from such a rough background, is questioning. We're not alone, see? He's got a seriously solid foundation coming his way. Keep questioning, Tim.



I'm excited about this job. It's good, good, good! A big step out of my comfort zone. I've volunteered to help push for a collegiate group. And next weekend I'll be speaking for a Pathfinder mountain biking excursion Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Whew! Big steps! But this foundation is ready! 

Comments

  1. I appreciate all the times you are honest.
    and, I can't sleep. This is a big problem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Holy Plans

Gentleness