Camp as a teacher

Going into week 9 at camp and I haven't been more excited about camp all summer. Funny, because just a few short weeks ago I would talk with Caressa and Eric, my office mates, and tear up every time I'd talk about my regret for becoming Programming Director.  It's difficult for me to look at the big picture, as it is for many people, but one day someone pointed out the bigger picture,

"Tina, what would you want to be doing if you weren't at camp?" 

Sheesh, there's a HUGE list of things I could think of. I'd love to read, swim, sleep, hammock, run, bake, wakeboard, hang with friends, and so the list goes on, 

but what would I be doing if I weren't at camp? 

I thought. Hmm, working somewhere else ... and wishing I were at camp, probably. 

So why have I been wishing I were somewhere else?

Photo by: Danielle Diaz

We've learned that a lot of it has to do with our personalities. We've taken personality tests and researched our personality types. I'm learning a lot about myself, I enjoy my position, but my personality needs variety and change, along with lots of communication and interaction. I'm an ENFP or an ENFJ, not too sure, but either way I'm an ENF and that right there is enough to be sure that I need people and adventure. 

Comments

  1. I love your smile--check out that picture people--two dang good looking smiles. Love you Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you