Camp is here!

It's good to be back at camp. Better than I had expected. We've been busy writing skits, organizing storage closets, cleaning out the prop shed, setting up the office, meeting new staff, assigning jobs, casting dramas, searching for material, ordering material, and finding the best ways to communicate our ideas with others. I forgot how much work it is, the late nights and early mornings, the lack of socializing and the overwhelming amount of responsibility. There's something about being exhausted that breaks bodies down to be open and vulnerable. Tonight, I'm exhausted. My body has been deeply questioning for the past few months and tonight enough of my body broke down to ask questions. In our small group we approached an idea of being angry with God. Is it okay? We agreed that it is good and often times, necessary. Then I got to thinking more, so I asked my group if any of them have actually been angry with God, or if it's just something they've heard about from others. Everyone agreed they had been angry with God before. So I ask again, what has God done that you could be angry? It was difficult to piece together my personal experience; that I have never felt anger towards God I don't think I can be angry with Him, because I believe He cannot change anything. Aren't His hands tied? Wasn't it our choice? Choice. Freedom. Mine. Ours. It's not about God, we're selfish, it's about us. So, who is there to be angry with? Other than ourselves. I think that's the more important question to be said here? God didn't make the decision to reject His own love. I did. So, maybe I don't think it is okay to be angry with God. Maybe we need to take our own blame. At the fall in Eden, we asked God not to intervene, so how can we be angry with Him for something we chose?

Comments

  1. Like, that statement, "Maybe we need to take our own blame." Certainly, we do have to take our own blame. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans