Sewing Strategies and Tragedies

I bought some bright, summery material from JoAnn's the other day and looked through my mom's old patterns and found some stylish high waisted shorts and a shirt, to become a sundress. Crazy how things come back in style, yikes! When I was young, first and second grades, I would sew my own shorts ... bright fish print, strawberries, tie-dye, lots of kid colors. I'd start a project and sometimes never finish it. I'd get bored, poke myself with the needle, or the sewing machine would jam. It's hard to wait when you want something so bad, sometimes there were even tears of frustration. It became much easier, quicker and sometimes safer to just put it on the shelf and walk away. I'm gonna try it again. Maybe the past sixteen years sprinkled some spice, formed a few callous', and extra patience for the jams. We'll see, see, see!

Comments

  1. I sewed some things recently. But not any high waisted shorts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start sewing again! You may have just inspired me Tina Rhuman...

    PS. I think I might be coming to a town near you this weekend. Will you be around??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Holy Plans

Gentleness