Spring Quarter Begins

The saying has gone around a few times, "Open heart, open mind". But I never had the reason or motivation to practice this mantra. I've always been one to have an open mind - Chocolate is good for the heart, twenty second rules and recess IS a subject. - But I'm learning that open hearts are rare and beautiful. Beautiful because they are humbling, accepting, and so gentle. Rare, not only because they are difficult to keep up, but because they're so beautiful. Here are some open hearts and open minds. Ladies whom I admire and respect. My small group has become my retreat over the year. They understand, they listen, and they pray. Love them!

 Tonight, I'm climbing into my brand new Marmot sleeping bag that I got in the mail today, hoping it will soothe my anxiety. There's an escaped convict in my neighborhood and I'm nervous to be home alone, but this is one of those times I need to do what my heart does well: ignore my fears, be strong and independent. I'm looking forward to the day we don't have to hide anything anymore. Heaven come soon!

Comments

  1. there should be a caption contest for what each person in that picture is thinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! Whatever it is, must be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans