30: the new 20

My boys in India. See you soon!


This week I’ve been humored with instinct. Not the disappearance of unique animals but the involuntary responses like the heart that keeps pumping, the lungs that keep inhaling, and the muscles that do whatever they wanna do, whenever they wanna do it. Maybe that’s why I haven’t blogged in a while, it’s just an instinct. Like the instinct to defend the basketball in an intense game, or the instinct to do a little jig after acing a math test, or the instinct to spend time with someone who cares, maybe it’s the instinct to go or maybe to stay, an instinct to share or to be selfish. It’s our nature, we wouldn’t do well without instinct. Lately, my instinct has been telling me to be young, and that 30 is the new 20. And if that’s the case, there’s some crazy living to be had these next couple 20 years.  

Comments

  1. yeah, thirty is so the new twenty. nice nice to talk last night. i hope you creamed everyone in dodge-b. i'm not going to MD. I'm getting too old for this. i'm practically thirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was really hoping 30 would be the new 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love instinct. I love it when your body takes control and you do things you can't think your way through. Trust the instinct to be young!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans