Prayers

Facts:
*For every credit hour a student should study 3 to 4 hours outside of class. So for 17 credits that's 51-68 hours.
*Students can't live on school alone. Hello... we need to put food in our bellies and pay the gas bill. So, gotta work (give or take) 15-25 hours, on top of that, per week.
*To retain focus and energy one should exercise 30-60 minutes a day and get 8 hours of sleep.

Calculation: 74.5-102 hours per week agenda/career/commitment that makes me a stressed out student. This calculation does not include 1-3 hours of socializing time, alone time, prayer time, hobby time, or all the extra responsibilities like grocery shopping, vehicle repairs, meetings with professors/advisors and definitely not contemplation or reflection. Whew! I have a stomach ache just thinking about it all.

I've been praying a lot the past 7 days now. Every morning and for another 33 days to make it through the 40 day challenge of my deliberate commitment to God. It's hard to find time in that 74.5-101 working hours. But I've had a burden on my heart... "God show me where to go next year." Today I met a man who lived in India. He's a man involved with mission work all over the world, Adventist Frontiers, actually. I mentioned that I'm praying about going back, or abroad again. I also mentioned I'm an Elementary Ed major and turning 22 soon. I can't explain the look in his eyes. I'm not sure why I told him what I told him, but he told me I could be an answer to a huge prayer. 22 years, Elementary Ed, the two requirements for a teacher in Papa New Guinea. It's a desperate call for help. So I'm praying. Oh, am I praying!

Comments

  1. Tina! That's huge! Goodness. Reading those statistics brought some crazy memories back. I haven't been out of school that long...so I KNOW what you are talking about. It's so crazy the amount that students have to juggle. So. Crazy. I wrote a blog about it once too. I think it was called "juggling". Anyway, I hope I can fit into that 1-3 hour social time sometime this week. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PNG is intense! You can't even get in there on a big plane. Only little ones. And there are still savages out there! Cannibals, even. That would be such a spectacular adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you....but biased because i want you to be here next year!
    PNG sounds like a grand adventure!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you