'Hide-and-no-seek' please

The devoted few who have been so inclined to know me all the way down to my magmas core, know that I sigh deep sighs in the face of anxiety and stress. It's the few that know because it happens once in a blue moon. As many know, this week is a dreadful time in any students life, the week previous to finals. I've never felt the impact so hard as now, I have been a pushover, or a flakey scholar who let's finals slide by without much fret, but this time it's been different. My job has been my haven this week. The kids are excited about Christmas and during lunch we've been watching Santa Paws, a Christmas film. "Teacher Kristina you sound just like the little dog in the movie," this coming from Sevin a spunky 3rd grader. "I do not." "Yeah, sometimes you say things just like him...'Okay guys let's sit down,'" Sevin impersonated the high-pitched dog voice from the video. "No you don't teacher. You sound more like this," coming from the king of procrastination, Anthony, "Hahhhhh..." It sounded like a gruff, manly sigh and everyone laughed. "Oh is that what I sound like Anthony?" "Okay, no. Actually you sound more like this... Hehhhhh..." This time he impersonated a high-pitched, feminine sigh with his eyes rolled back. The kids laughed and I did too! But the sigh? Really? Has it become so perceptible? What do I have left to hide from them?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you