No Solo


I used to love baking. In high school I would come home for home leaves or long weekends and bake. I would come home from my days off at summer camp and bake, then sleep. Leave me alone in a kitchen and I'll create something with or without a recipe, maybe tasty, maybe not. When I went to India baking became such a hassle. No oven, no ingredients, we had to make do with what we had. Yes, "we" had to make do. Not "I". It was tough adjusting to having an extra body in the kitchen, not really a lot of space, and I need space. But since returning from India, baking and cooking haven't been the same. I'm not a fan of cooking or baking alone, especially eating alone. So I don't cook or bake much anymore, and when I eat... I eat while running somewhere. But tonight an awesome friend came over and we made dinner together. For the first time all week I enjoyed a super tasty, home-cooked meal with quality conversation and a good amount of laughing. I love being together.

Comments

  1. Baking. A non existent part of SMing. haha I miss it!
    I love reading your blogs Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you