Tragedies

"This life is not my own." So I've heard that before. If it's not mine, then whose is it? If I make great plans to live my life as an offering to God and I die before I fulfill those dreams... is that fair? What then, would be God's plans for those left to mourn my death? "God will carry them in times of trouble, He will draw them near." Oh really? That sounds like hogwash. Just how do you tell someone to cling to what is invisible? "Hey, just hold on to this nothingness, and it will carry you through this tragedy."

So I have a friend whose mother died early this morning in a car accident. His parents separated unexpectedly in the middle of last school year. And this morning, the phone call that he received, I can't even imagine. When I heard the awful news, it hit me like a train. I am exhausted from trying to comprehend how and why this happens. Trying to decipher all the routes my friend might take with this hardship. Will it bring him closer, or push him away from God? For me it might be like pushing two opposite magnetic forces together. I just don't see how this could match up for anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans