The Roosters Crow


Today I was in the mood for a walk and a good phone convo (and it's rare that I'm ever in the mood to talk on the phone), so after finishing up an Indian homecooked meal I left the house with my phone and a decent speed walk. Five years ago my dad built our house in a nice community of houses out in the country, where each house sets back in 5 acres of pine trees and each house must follow the regulations set by the homeowners association. Near the end of my first phone conversation I heard a rooster crow, apparently the homeowners association says nothing about roosters. On hearing the crow of the rooster I couldn't help but let my mind plunge into the memories of my first month in India, when the roosters woke me up to my homesick misery every morning. I suddenly remembered the pain of loneliness that haunted me while I was there, and no pain cuts quite like that. The painful memories of India flashed me back to a similar time (maybe a little worse). The first quarter of my second year of college. And after several minutes I had relived some pretty painful stuff from the past two years all brought about by some stupid little rooster. After I got off the phone, I looked around. Look at me, I just finished my sixth summer at summer camp, I'm moving into my little house this week, starting school in two, I have the best friends anyone could ask for, my family is understanding and supportive, and I feel so blessed. God has taken care of me. Without that pain from the last two years, I wouldn't know the feeling of "better than awesome" and I wouldn't be ecstatic about life. God gives and gives and gives. When peole who we love, give to us, we give back. I want to give to God, because I love Him and have seen all that He has done for me and those around me. Thanks for giving God! I don't want to spoil my gift for you, but it's in progress :)

Comments

  1. He does give and give and give.

    There is so much to be thankful for.

    Your awesome Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's cool to look back at the amazing stuff that came into our lives that had so little to do with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. Partially. And it's definitely in progress. I miss you Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans