Board of Goals

With this whole house decorating exhibition I've been on this week, I've been really persistent on creating a  dream/goal board, where anyone and everyone can creatively express their goals and dreams on the board. (stole the idea from my good friend. Em don't hate:) So this last week I've been trying to figure out what I will put on the board when I finish it. MY goals. MY dreams. 

A few days ago I read a blog written by a girl who has suffered from an eating disorder and has written a book about it. Last week she blogged about her body and how she was proud of it. PROUD. Proud that her body did all the things it did. Thighs that allowed her to get out of bed, arms to play tennis and volleyball, and a tummy to dance. Proud of her body. Although it was flawed and would never make the cover of sports illustrated she decided she was going to accept it and go above and beyond and love it. Reading her blog reminded me of my newest favorite song, Beautiful by Bethany Dillon.

I was so unique/ now I feel skin deep/ count on the makeup to cover it all/ crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention/ thought I could be strong but it's killing me/ does someone hear my cry/ I'm dying for new life/ I wanna be beautiful/ make you stand in awe/ look inside my heart be amazed/ I want to hear you say who I am is quite enough/ I just want to be worthy of love and beautiful/ Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me/ fighting to make the mirror happy/ trying to find whatever is missing/ you help me back to glory/ I wanna be beautiful make you stand in awe/ look inside my heart and be amazed/ I want to hear you say who I am is quite enough/ I just wanna be worthy of love and beautiful/ You make me beautiful/ You step inside my heart and I am amazed/ I love to hear you say who I am is quite enough/ You make me worthy of love and beautiful

I think if I chose a dream or a goal to focus on right now. It might be just that, to be proud of this gift that God has given me. To use it to benefit others and not let it get me down. Like this video...

Comments

  1. i'm all talk..you're all doing. way to make it happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can do anything gooood." Oh snap, every time I watch that thing I just get all happy inside. A dream board is good. I might steal that idea too. Sucker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be idea stealer numero tres.

    Loved loved loved the video

    ReplyDelete
  4. i came here again to simply come and watch this movie. haha loooove it!!!! wanna film our own version of this when i visit? we can memorize the whole thing?! let's start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The goal board idea is a hit. I am starting one too. One of mine is to go to Italy. But I want to live above the mundane each day. I get caught up in my to-do list and get muddled down in busyness. I want to live creatively..seeing the beauty all around.
    Em--when you and Tina make your own video, don't memorize the girl's; make your own original list!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you