Board of Goals part II

 

If there's one thing I just can't get myself to do...
(well, there's more than one, but I needed something more dramatic)
it might just be... 
thrift store shopping.
I'm a terrible thrift store shopper, it's like being put on hold and listening to that crazy classical music when you have a billion and one things to do, bah! I walk in and see aisles and aisles of stuff that have no organization and I know what I want but I'd have to spend hours in that stinky and dusty old building before I find anything that even faintly resembles what I need. But today it was rainy and I had nothing better to do so I told myself it wouldn't be that bad, and I sucked in some fresh air before I went in to dig through the musty aisles. I hate to admit it, maybe it was just a lucky day, but in less than 15 minutes I found a big, gorgeous frame for my board and a few magazines for my collaging. All for less than six whole bucks. I'm not sure if I'll become a regular goodwill shopper, but it was good practice for the goal, stepping out of my comfort zone :) 


Comments

  1. yeah!
    oh man. you need to convert to be a thrifter. i'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's more discouraging? Thrift shopping with Emily. I just don't understand how she finds all those awesome things. I'll glean through an aisle and find nothing... then Emily goes through that SAME aisle and finds all these wonderful treasures. I think it takes dedication to get that good. You can do it Teens. I believe in your resilience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you