Pranked

Photo by: Caressa Rogers

Last night I tip-toed to the boat house, grabbed 9 life jackets, threw them in a boat and drove around the sandbar to the canoe dock that hides in the trees on the back side of the bay. I waited at the dock and ten minutes later a cabin full of girls ran down the steps toward the boat with a staff member behind them telling them that they were breaking camp rules and if they left camp their parents would be notified. The girls piled in without a chance to think twice and when I told them I had never driven a boat before, panicked faces began searching for help. When I stopped the boat in the middle of the lake, Chelsey Blaser and I counted to three and yelled, "Got ya!" The sighs of relief were loud and laughter carried across the water. It's nice to have the joke called out and brought into view, such a relief. I'm ready for someone to announce that I've been pranked, that this mess is organized, and that my life is under control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans