Fearful duty


It's a windy day on the beaches of Hayden Lake, I hopped in the cool and choppy water this morning to demonstrate the missing camper drill for several new staff. Clearing the dock was one of my most fearful duties as a first year lifeguard, and today I remembered why I had been so afraid.

With my eyes closed behind goggles, I counted down, "3, 2, 1..." Then I plunged my shivering body under the dark waters and my lungs began to beg for the warmer air. Before I broke through the surface on the other side of the dock, my mouth obeyed the call of my lungs and gasped open for air only to fill them with water. After breaking through the water I tried to suppress the choking and regain my swimmer composure, all the while big waves throwing themselves on top of me, seemingly trying to tackle me back under.

Now my stomach is sloshing with lake water and I feel slightly weak. But somehow I'm pushing through! 13 of the 14 dramas needed for the next 12 weeks are edited and casted. Now it's time to plunge into another realm of unknown responsibility. Hopefully the waves will be gentler and the water not as cool.

Comments

  1. Tina! I am so proud of you for doing this job. SO PROUD! You're going to be bomb. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad tara used the word bomb! haha because its so fitting. :) let that energy that you got be flowing free! nice to talk today! i bought the hammock. and i am packing my yoga mat. i wish you were going to be my hiking buddy! love emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary!!!! oh my. I am excited the dramas are casted...must be a relief. You guys are booking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Tina and MISSS YOU! My amazing friend has been missing in action for so long now ;) your so great and I know this is going to be an amazing summer for YOU!!! Hope to talk to you soon Im praying for you! remember YOU are strong and Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you