Oh sun!


Sun, are you coming?... after a late night I'm watching a beautiful sunrise. Waiting is hard. The silhouetted Blue Mountains are becoming lighter and lighter. The sun should peek out any second. The house is filling with light causing my eyes to squint out the window toward the East.

We had a girls sleep over last night. 12 of us! Each girl, such a close friend to me. I've never had so many awesome girl friends in my life! And never have I had as many sleepovers in my life, as I have in the past 4 months.

Sun, I'm still waiting for you! Are you coming this morning? Did you rise behind the forest of black trees? Am I at the right window?

I was talking with a friend the other day about how life is so different after an SM experience. She said, "Am I depressed? Or maybe I'm just not an extravert anymore? I lose energy in big groups. I need to get away to have my alone time. I'm different and I don't understand why. And nobody understands me. It's overwhelming. Sometimes I cry for no reason. What's wrong with me?"

Sun you're coming. As I look to the North and to the South I predict that you are in front of me. I'm afraid of the light. The light brings business and an array of stressful engagements. Maybe I'm not ready for you sun. Will I ever be content?

I'm going back to India in March for Spring Break. I'm counting down... 24 days from today and I'll be on a plane flying towards peace. I have high expectations. I expect I'll forget about all my current obstacles the very second the landing gear hit the runway strip in the middle of a rice paddy

Sun, there you are! You're blinding me, I can't see the vineyards or the hills anymore!

Comments

  1. I wish I could've been an SM.

    I'm glad you get to go back for spring break.

    Lucky duck.. havin all these sleep overs! I wish I could've come. I liked the one we had at Em's over christmas break

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans