Steps


First step up the staircase - We spend 13 years in school on the same step wondering why we need to be in school (contemplating how to dodge another 4 years). Finally we take a step to go to college (maybe, maybe not). And another step to fill out an application (job, SM, another college). Then we have an interview or two - another step or two. We take a few steps as we gain knowledge about ourselves through classes, mentors, friends, and experiences. Then there's a huge step after being accepted for that job, SM position, or other (more prestigious) University. We wonder how we got there and how we'll take the next BIG step when it comes. Some steps are easy. Others we kind of get pushed up. And some look ridiculously too far up. Sometimes we take HUGE steps to prove we can, and other times we take the steps that please us.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm taking the steps to happiness or the steps to rise above and prove.

Yesterday the 3rd and 4th graders had doughnuts to celebrate a birthday. They were out of control and I felt like a tree with monkeys hanging all over me (good feeling). When I got home (after stopping by Wal-mart, the bank, and gas station) I noticed I had chocolate frosting all over my neck... ah, man.

A part of me still wants to prove something.

Comments

  1. Kids are crazy! they keep you young. Keep me posted on all your steps. I like you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you