Moms

The talk of town has been "mothers". So I've been reflecting on my own mother. We talk a couple times a week, some weeks she's the only one who get's me through. I call her when I'm stressed, worried, upset, broken hearted, excited, angry, or surprised. She's the first to know. I've been thinking about how my mother's role has changed over the years. Years ago I came to my mom to scratch my back, rock me to sleep, praise my art, play barbie, appreciate my bug collection, quiet my growling stomach, solve math equations, soothe my tummy aches, and calm my tears. Somedays I wish she was here to scratch my back and rock me to sleep.

Comments

  1. Beautifully written. Any Mom would love to have those words written about her. It is nice you are so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I love you KV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans