Tug o' War


I've never been a big fan of tug o' war. Surrounded by a bunch of people, everybody throwing around their best advice. Shoes stepping on shoes and then the rope goes up and the facilitator says "Go". Everyone starts pushing and shouting. Some shout, "1, 2, 3, PULL! 1, 2, 3, PULL!" At the same time others shout, "PULL... PULL... PULL!" And those who aren't as organized just yell and pull. I hate being in the middle of the chaos and the yelling, the rage and the forcefulness. I begin to feel out of control and so I pull until my hands are burning and the joints in my fingers are stiff, but sometimes that's not enough. Sometimes the rope still drags me forward and slides through my tight grasp. I'd like the yelling and sliding to stop. If I could just find a quiet, solid place to stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans