Released

There are hundreds of thousands of things I don't do... that I should. Returning a missed call, refusing when my plate is full, accepting conflict, and the list goes on...
Last night was one of those times (one of the thousands). I don't generally go to concerts, because they're not relaxing for me. The rock and roll makes my ears ring and causes my anxious feelings to eat me alive. IF I go, (notice IF) you'll find me standing, most likely. Arms crossed, a slight tap of the foot and both eyes on the "young" crowd in front that jump in unison with their hands in the air. How silly they look! Out of control! And I leave.
Last night was different. An awesome friend forced me to go... maybe not force, but against my minds will. I walked in (in an attempt to hide in the shadows) and we stood in front of the big speakers. I put my hand on my chest and felt the beat resonating inside me. That feeling inside my chest, exaggerating the beat of my heart, was the feeling of life.

Before I left the words were sang, "Give us clean hands. Give us pure hearts. Let us not lift our souls to another". My hands were released and arms extended, mmm... and it felt so good!

Comments

  1. you should go to more Good concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta look for those opportunities. opportunities to stretch yourself. so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheh jacob! :) tina, you're awesome. over and over i think--that girl is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans