The best first day

It's always like this: at age 8 we want to be 10 (to live a whole decade). At 10 we want to be 13 (finally a teen). At 13 we want to be 16 (become a licensed driver). At 16 we want to be 18 (entitled to be "legal"). At 18 we want to be 20 (not a teen anymore). At 20 we want to be... eventually graduated (maybe?). But as of 21, I've decided that I don't want to be... waiting for something big to happen, I'm not waiting for the next big year, the next decade, the next chapter. The days seem to fly by faster than I can count. I've stopped waiting for the next day, because there's enough that happens today and I don't have to wait. "Time, I used to be naive in your presence."

A knowledgeable friend shared good advice with me today. "Don't let today end, Tina! You have a whole year of 21, live it up! Live every day this year like you did today. Live everyday as if it were the best first day to the best year ever!"

Comments

  1. sooooo.... we should probably get some bazookas and start fighting Russian spies. right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny (as in weird). i've been having similar thoughts... my blog reflects this

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get a moment.....

    Just Stop and Think

    http://www.crazylovebook.com/videos_stop.html

    hope you like it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans