Backflips


I went home to treat myself to an early birthday. All weekend long my brother asked me to jump with him on the trampoline and do my backflip, I learned last summer and hadn't done since.

I'm too tired. I ate too much. It's too cold. It's too dark. I don't remember.

On Sunday morning, after a lot of probing, I agreed to watch his new (side-flip 360 with a 180 twist...?) trick on the trampoline. As we walked out the door he encouraged me to try my backflip, "You don't forget how to do it, you just remember how to be scared." Then my mom explained to him that the older people get the less enthusiasm they have for those kinds of activities.

But I'm not old Mom... I may be approaching my 21st year, but I can still do backflips!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans