Back to school...


First day back to the books... I'm not sure if I really learn anything from school. I listen to my professors ramble and before they get too far my mind starts to wander. Today in SOCI204 Dr. Ockerman was explaining Karl Marx's understanding of the Social structure using a pyramid. The small portion at the top is the upper class men, the larger portion at the bottom is the lower class men, and the little section in between was the middle class men. But where the heck is the 'women' class? It got me thinking... really thinking... I thought about it all day in fact. Where do I belong in society? Women have never been handed their role in society. Woman had to fight for her small place in society that took decades to achieve and yet, it's still never been handed to her. Her identity is unknown to her in the large realms of mankind. If she's not a wife and mother, she must be an independent woman who cares more about her personal success than having a family. Maybe it's this fight that makes her so inspiring. She has a job that no man could ever carry out. She's got great emotion that leaks pain and anger, but more than that it shows a strong love and understanding. Maybe she's not in the pyramid of social class, because she birthed the pyramid of social class. Without her there would be no society... Thank you professors for the overpriced thought.

Comments

  1. i love it--being a woman (sounds so funny to call us that....i feel like a girl still) is something big and ....we birth pyramids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes I wonder if I would even want a place handed to me in this society... I think it would definitely be overpriced, and less than fulfilling. we may not have been created first, but we see more beginnings, and birth more sunrises than society's days ever produced. Love it. Love your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, that's cool-that thing with your eyeballs. secondly, i'm not so sure that thought was overpriced...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Thank you