Right size

Shoe shopping... clothes shopping... any shopping... a negative experience with a mother, such as my mom, and a daughter, such as myself. In fifth grade we spent an entire afternoon shopping for a pair of dress shoes. We came home, empty handed, a headache for her and tears for me. It's the decisions... the color is good, but the style is off. The style is good, but the fit is off. The fit is good, but the color is off.

I thought the flip-flop decision making ended with shoes, but I've been doing it for the past three years. One direction looks right, but doesn't feel good. Another feels right, but doesn't meet expectations. Another meets expectations, but doesn't look right. So the day ends, empty handed, except the headache and tears.

I wish someone would take me to the perfect shoe.

Comments

  1. not to be debbie downer on this one but my belief in the "perfect shoe" as faded but maybe I haven't lived long enough or I've shopped in the wrong stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I can identify with the shoe analogy I am lucky enough to find a shoe that is the right size but I am totally with you on the decisions about life. I know the destination but deciding how to get there is what's causing me trouble. If you have the time check out Proverbs 16:3. It's not a road map and it won't tell you what to do but its kind of comforting nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Holy Plans

Gentleness