The repercussion

I tried something new today. Well, not new, but I snowboarded for the first time in a LONG time. My first time down the slope took a while, the second time was a little faster and by my 4th or 5th run I was carving like a sharp blade on wood. I was having fun, wow look at me, I've got it down. Wham! As I switched from heel to toe I caught my heel edge on a small mound and my board flew over my head and down I rolled. When everything stopped spinning I felt my tailbone to make sure it was still there, and hopped up to grab my hat that had been thrown off in the disaster. It took me some time to build up the courage to stand up and keep going. When I did finally start moving it was different. Slower, more cautious, fearful. The repercussions of the terrible fall followed me like a shadow the rest of the day. My head pounded, so I chugged water, thinking that dehydration was causing it. It continued to pound, so I ate, thinking that food would satisfy the hunger that sometimes causes a headache. But still it continued. So I had a delicious dose of caffeine, thinking the cocoa would ease my pain with a tablet of pain reliever. But it grew worse as the day progressed. So I laid down, because it's a known fact that sleep always cures a headache, but no such luck, I couldn't even close my eyes with the excruciating pain pounding in my ears. I tried everything I could think of to divert the pain, but nothing seemed to help. Why do the repercussions have to hurt so bad? And when will they go away?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans