A dream...

Everyday when the school bell rings, the energy bursts out the windows and doors of the classroom. The tops of desks are slammed down to their places and chairs are slung on top of the grimy desktops. Backpacks are rapidly stuffed with papers and half zipped when they leave the room in a ganglionic flock. Thursday after everyone disappeared Maria came up to me... "Teacher, I think I'm in love." I quit grading my papers and looked up regurgitating her words again through my head. With all the hype about the Valentine's day party the next day I wondered if that's what she was talking about.
"What are you talking about?"
"I think I'm in love..." I looked at her with a quizzical eye. "I really like Skyler," she continued, "And I had a dream about him."
You had a dream? And now you think you're in love? It took all I had to keep from laughing, because she was absolutely serious. "Someone told me once that if you're in love then you will have dreams about them."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just the facts...

Gentleness

Holy Plans